Monday, February 18, 2013

World Methodist Response to the Pope's Resignation

 
It is old news, now, I realize.  Everyone knows that the Pope has resigned, effective 28 February.  However, as I finished the previous post, I thought that it might be good to include on the blog the response made to this news by the World Methodist Council.

I posted a link to this article on my Facebook page, and on the Wesleyan/Anglican Facebook page.  However, I failed to mention it, here.

+Ivan Abrahams
In the article, General Secretary, +Ivan Abrahams recalls his time with Pope Benedict.  Also, the WMC offers prayers for the Pope, the Cardinals as they seek to elect a new Bishop of Rome, and to our sisters and brothers in the Roman Catholic Church.

I would encourage members from all of the World Methodist Council denominations, as well as members of the Wesleyan-Anglican Society and those who read this blog, to join the WMC in these prayers.

No comments: