Friday, November 7, 2014

Thou Hidden Source of Calm Repose

The following Wesley hymn was one of the hymns I sang during Morning Prayer, today.  I thought that I should post it, here.  May God bless you through it!

Thou Hidden Source of Calm Repose

1. Thou hidden Source of calm repose,
Thou all-sufficient love divine;
My help and refuge from my foes,
Secure I am, if Thou art mine.
And lo! from sin and grief and shame
I hide me, Jesus, in Thy name.
 
2. Thy mighty name salvation is,
And keeps my happy soul above;
Comfort it brings, and power and peace,
And joy and everlasting love.
To me, with Thy dear name, are giv'n
Pardon and holiness and heav'n.
 
3. Jesus, my all-in-all Thou art;
My rest in toil, my ease in pain,
The healing of my broken heart;
In war my peace, in loss my gain,
My smile beneath the tyrant's frown;
In shame my glory and my crown.
 
4. In want my plentiful supply,
In weakness my almighty power,
In bonds my perfect liberty,
My light in Satan's darkest hour;
In grief my joy unspeakable,
My life in death, my heav'n in hell.

No comments: