Tuesday, October 6, 2009

God's Sure Guidance

During this morning's Morning Prayer, I sang Captain of Israel's Host, and Guide. The second verse (of two!) reminded me much of God's call to Abram to head out to a land that God "will show you."

I found it both ironic and timely when placed next to the line in this morning's Psalm that prayed, "May [the LORD] grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your plans" (Ps. 20:4).

My prayer is that, if anyone reading this blog is facing a future which is uncertain, or if you are confused about your situation, or if your direction is unclear, that these words from Charles Wesley might be, for you, the voice of the Lord:

By Thy unerring Spirit led.
We shall not in the desert stray;
We shall not full direction need,
Nor miss our providential way;
As far from danger as from fear
While love, almighty love, is near.
(Italics mine.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,

I can relate as I have just resigned my order as an Elder in the CotN and have become a catechumen in the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church.


Peace,

Steven

Todd Stepp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.