Friday, August 6, 2010

First Sunday

We are still in the process of moving!  We are trying to wait patiently to close on our house.  I confess, it is taking longer than I had hoped.  Nevertheless, God has provided for us a place to live for the time being (thanks mom!), and God has provided a place for our "stuff" while we are waiting to move (thanks to our Grace Church family!).

I am also trying to become acclimated to our new church.  So, as you can see, I am not quite in a position to begin making regular posts to my blog.  -  I am thankful to all who have continued to follow the blog and to check in from time to time.

One of the members of our new church gave me these pictures taken last Sunday; our first Sunday at Centenary.  I thought that I would at least take time to share these.  -  And offer this invitation:  Anyone in the New Albany, Indiana area is always welcome to worship with us at Centenary United Methodist Church, 309 E. Spring Street!  Sunday School is at 9:00 AM, and Worship is at 10:00 AM.

I am looking forward to finally getting settled!  Then, I plan to make much more regular posts.  -  I have a number of things in mind!

7 comments:

R. Gabe Davis said...

interesting architecture. I attend Clapps Chapel UMC in Corryton TN. and our church dates back to 1812. Here is a link to its history. http://clappschapel.holston.org/images/Clapps_History.pdf.

PS. you should do a post on your new churches history. Your brother in Christ, the Envirocapitalist.

Todd Stepp said...

Gabe,

Centenary isn't quite as old as your church. It was established in 1839.

The church went through a remodeling process, and the sanctuary was actually turned so as to face what was a side wall. The furnishings are designed, as I understand it, to be moveable.

There is much history to the church, with some local historians of the church in the congregation. - But it will be a while before I get that kind of information posted!

EF + said...

Man... you look like a Catholic in that fancy bath robe ;)

God bless!

Todd Stepp said...

You are hilarious, Eric! Ha, ha, ha!

Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Heyu Todd,

I'm a bit out of the loop, did you join the UMC or are you serving as an affiliate member of the conference or whatever (i.e. retaining your Nazarene membership)?

In any case, God bless you in this new ministry as you pass on the ancient faith and offer the sacraments.

-Daniel

EF + said...

Sorry Todd... just couldn't help myself. I've heard it myself so many times... I was read Hauerwas and he commented 'I always thought Methodism was just evangelical Catholicism"

Todd Stepp said...

Daniel,

My credentials are still Nazarene.