Thursday, November 7, 2013

An Article on the Eucharistic Presence of Christ

I like to try to point readers of this blog toward good articles covering liturgical/sacramental or Wesleyan topics.  Recently, on the Wesleyan/Anglican Facebook page, Matt O'Reilly drew our attention to an article that he posted on his blog.  His article is titled, "Eucharist and Presence: Embracing Mystery, Finding Joy," and it can be found, here.

I recommend the article as expressing a Wesleyan approach to . . . Eucharist and presence!

2 comments:

James W Lung said...

It is such a blessing to be able to receive Jesus in the elements.

For a time I attended Mass regularly in a catholic church, and was considering converting. I learned why Catholics genuflect to honor the real presence of Jesus in the bread in the Tabernacle on the altar. The death of Jesus as an atonement for the sins of the world is magnificently celebrated in every mass.

On Good Friday, I went to the church to participate in the Stations. I was not aware that the Body of our Lord is taken from the tabernacle on Friday and Saturday to bring home the awfulness of the abandonment Jesus experienced on the cross.

I entered from a side door close to the Altar, walked to my usual pew, and as had become my habit I kneeled, lowered my head, and made the sign of the cross.

When I stood and looked up to see the empty tabernacle, I shuddered and muffled an almost audible gasp. He's not here !!!

I experienced for an instant the abyss. A real absence, if you will.

Whatever and however, the presence of Jesus in the bread and wine is real, in the realest sense of real.

Bless you for teaching and preaching the Real Presence of Jesus.

china clay teapot said...

pot is not only for its appearance, but also for the inner wall of the pot, so as to improve the inner and oChina Purple Clay Teapotuter parts of the pot. The most imYixing Purple Clay Teapot Setportant