Monday, May 4, 2015

New Sacramental Ware

This past month, my wife & I took a vacation to Pigeon Forge in the Great Smokey Mountains.  We had a fabulous time.  The vacation took place the week leading into my birthday, and my wonderful wife, Bobbie, took the opportunity to buy my birthday present while we were there.

We picked up a great set of sacramental ware at The Old Mill Pigeon River Pottery.  The artist at the Pottery place is Tommy Bullen.  He is a 3rd generation craftsman from Gatlinburg. 

Now, I confess, the items we bought were not specifically sacramental ware, but that is why we bought them.  We purchased a chalice, a paten (plate) & a baptismal bowl (the "shell" is something I already had).


I have had the opportunity to use the chalice & paten for the last two weeks at Heartland Church of the Nazarene, but I have not yet had the opportunity to use the baptismal bowel.

So, what do you think?  Pretty great, huh?

The Old Mill Pigeon River Potter is located at 175 Old mill Avenue.  Their number is 865-453-1104, and their website can be view, here.   -  (If you are visiting Pigeon Forge, we also recommend the Pottery House CafĂ© & Grille.)

No comments: